Directions to Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge, Balule Reserve
The lodge is centrally situated, making an ideal base to explore the Balule Game Reserve. It is extremely accessible, being only 7km (4.3 miles) off the tarred R40, just north of Hoedspruit.
This places it en route to or from the Panorama Route and the Blyde River Canyon, via the Abel Erasmus Pass. The Kruger Park is also close by, with both Orpen and Phalaborwa Gates being about 80km (49.7 miles) from the lodge.
Directions From Johannesburg - 5 to 6 hours
- Join the N12 towards eMalahleni (Witbank)
- N12 joins the N4 at eMalahleni (Witbank) and continue to Belfast.
- At Belfast take the R540 to Dullstroom & Mashishing (Lydenburg).
- Continue through Mashishing (Lydenburg) and towards Ohrigstad along the R36.
- Pass through the Abel Erasmus Pass and through the JG Strydom Tunnel towards Hoedspruit along the R527.
- At Hoedspruit the R527 will intersect with the R40.
- Turn left signposted to Phalaborwa and travel along the R40 for 10kms and turn right at the Mohlabetsi signboard.
- Enter the manned security gates and travel 7kms and drive straight into the camp, where a warm welcome awaits you.