Pondoro Game Lodge, Balule Reserve, South Africa
For an intimate getaway from the cares of life, you'll experience all the magnificence of the famed Olifants River and the creatures that inhabit and surround it at this romantic lodge.
- Situated in the Balule Private Game Reserve
- Between activities guest can enjoy deliciously prepared meals
- Guests are accommodated in comfortable and spacious chalets and suites
- The lodge is set along the riverbank beside a permanent Hippo pool
See a Creature Comforts Safari Package based on this lodge.
The lodge is set along the riverbank beside a permanent Hippo pool, providing hours of fascinating game viewing before you've even left camp.
Accommodation is attractive, comfortable and in air-conditioned chalets, designed by a leading architect nestled amidst the cooling breeze of riverine vegetation, including pristine Jackalberry and Leadwood trees.
Situated in the exclusive Balule Private Game Reserve, this lodge is the perfect setting for unforgettable game viewing. With Hippo and Crocodile sightings a certainty, you will also enjoy encounters with Lion, Leopard and Buffalo along with that of beloved African game such as Giraffe, Zebra and a wide variety of antelope.
With an eye for nature's intricacies, experienced rangers at this game lodge in South Africa also share their knowledge and understanding of lesser-known creatures such as the Caracal, Honey Badger, and Red Duiker, Sharpe's Grysbok, Bush Pig and the Klipspringer.
With over 450 species of birds identified in the valley of the Olifants, the guests at the lodge in South Africa marvel at some of the most magnificent birding. Between game viewing, bird watching and melting away the cares of the world.
- Pondoro won an award as the Best Boutique Hotel in Africa at The Boutique Hotel Awards 2013. Also elected as one of 4 worldwide winners in the Romantic Retreat category.
- Voted as the Best Luxury Romantic Hotel in Africa in the prestigious World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 and won the award in 2011 and 2012 for the Best Luxury Lodge in South Africa.
- Finalist in the category -Best Safari Spa- the Good Safari guide Awards 2011
- Diners Club Platinum wine list award- 2009 and 2011
- Voted Most Romantic Luxury Hotel in South Africa - World Luxury Hotel Awards 2010